I tried 1082 and I got the same result. So I tried 909 again.
Even though it does appear my .conf file was overwritten, wihout modifying it version 909 works fine. It scans on startup and I can connect to it with my Soundbridge.
Weirdly – even though the location of mp3s has reverted to /mnt/mp3, which is not where I have them, and the name of the server has reverted back to mt-daapd, which is not what I had it set to, my Soundbridge still shows the name of the server I was using and can still play the MP3s…
OK, so I must have forgotten where the conf file was located. I installed, editing the new .conf file to match what I wanted, started it and it doesn’t work.
The web server starts. Shows 2650 songs scanned, etc. My Soundbridge shows the server name, and I can select it. However there are no songs available. Then the server crashes. This also takes down the webserver part.
I generated a debug file using -d9 and I don’t understand what it means.
Let me know where to send the 1.2Mb log file, if you want it.
Using the exact same installation procedure I am able to install 1082. However for some reason I lost all my smart playlists.