Reply To: The case for reviving Firefly

Anonymous

@stretch wrote:

@andrew40 wrote:

Also awaiting a reply from Roku for which the original project was setup for the understand that may not be forthcoming.

Roku has pretty much abandoned the SoundBridge product line.
From what I’ve seen & read on their forum, the biggest problem with the product was that diagnosing network problems is beyond the skill level of many users & poor quality design of their power supplies, especially the SB Radio.

I have abandoned comms with ROKU for now (no responses) and am getting no responses now from Ron, so what I envisage doing is activating the forum on the new site and closing this board down or running it as an archive. The problem is, is that I have the export but DON’T want to import all the spam, so wondering whether it is easier to replicate with a new blank board and get new users to re-register?

With the code have no concrete help in the development of it so struggling with this one. Going to try and finalise this today, have been some good inputs (and negative ones). Everyone wants to use it but no-one wants to help manage it, which is a shame.

I’ll input some progress on here tonight and see where we can go with this?