Reply To: iPhone/iPod Touch native client app

garyaj

Hi Pacopad,

I also have downloaded FireBox.deb from your website and have attempted to use it.

The first problem I found was after I tapped the link to a Firefly server (the two iTunes 9 servers in my household were also listed but I ignored these). A message window popped up with this:

Connexion au serveur
Obtension des Playlists

and then it sat there for many minutes. I tried pressing the Home button and restarting the app a few times and eventually the message window came and went in a second or so and I then saw a screen with:

Library >

So I tapped on Library and this message window showed:

Chargement en cours
Playlist en cours de chargement

and once again the ‘busy’ wheel keeps spinning and no matter how many times I stop and restart or just let it run for 30 minutes or more, it never gets past this window.

There are 11,400 tracks in my Firefly library. Is this too many?

I’ve just started developing apps for iPhone and one app hung because an old, corrupt SQLite database was copied when I installed my app. Is that at all possible with FireBox.

Also while I was waiting for the Playlist update one of my iPhone alarms went off but I couldn’t kill FireBox and I couldn’t stop the alarm from sounding. Eventually I had to power off the iPhone and restart. It looks like FireBox is not surrendering control after popping up the ‘Updating’ message window.

Hope this is of use. Are you intending to open the source code to FireBox? The reason I ask is I would like to single-step through it with the debugger to see what’s causing this problem and I need the source for that.

Great app, hope it’s working soon.

Rgds

Gary