Reply To: Cannot add path to itunes xml file in web config tool

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Cannot add path to itunes xml file in web config tool Reply To: Cannot add path to itunes xml file in web config tool

Anonymous
Inactive

Yes — that is exactly correct. I already have my music folder on my NAS and Firefly is working fine in serving that music to other computers on my wireless home network running iTunes. The playlists weren’t showing up however because the iTunes config files with the playlist info (the iTunes Music Library.xml and/or iTunes Library.itl files) were located on my PC hard drive, not on the NAS. So I was trying to add to Firefly the path to the xml file on my PC. I have now copied these files to the iTunes music folder on the NAS and forced iTunes to use them at their new location (by starting iTunes with the shift key held down and directing it to the relocated database files). I then deleted the old database files from their original location. Now the client PCs all have access to the music AND the playlists. It has taken me a while to fully understand the fact that Firefly is running on the NAS and not the PC and the implications of that. Many thanks for your help.

Howard