Reply To: Optware ipkg installing stable and ignoring nightly svn

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Optware ipkg installing stable and ignoring nightly svn Reply To: Optware ipkg installing stable and ignoring nightly svn

Anonymous
Inactive

Hmmm here is something that might help get to the bottom of it. I tried commenting out the optware source in /opt/etc/ipkg.conf, so that only the source from firefly.conf was available.

After an ‘ipkg update‘, I did and ‘ipkg list‘ to see what was available, but both versions are there!

# ipkg list
findutils - 4.2.32-1 -
gdbm - 1.8.3-2 -
htop - 0.8.1-1 -
libao - 0.8.6-1 - libao is a cross-platform audio library that allows programs to output audio using a simple API on a wide variety of platforms.
libid3tag - 0.15.1b-1 -
mt-daapd - svn-1586-1 - A multi-threaded DAAP server for Linux and other POSIX type systems. Allows a Linux box to share audio files with iTunes users
ncurses - 5.6-3 -
screen - 4.0.3-2 -
termcap - 1.3.1-2 -
unzip - 5.52-3 -
zip - 2.32-1 -
zlib - 1.2.3-3 -
Successfully terminated.

So I then removed my current version: ‘ipkg remove mt-daapd‘ and now if I do the ‘ipkg list‘, the stable (0.2.4.2-1) is gone. I then try to install it again and get:

# ipkg install mt-daapd
Nothing to be done
An error ocurred, return value: 4.
Collected errors:
Cannot find package mt-daapd.
Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

Even though if I do the ‘ipkg list‘ I still get it in there:

# ipkg list
findutils - 4.2.32-1 -
gdbm - 1.8.3-2 -
htop - 0.8.1-1 -
libao - 0.8.6-1 - libao is a cross-platform audio library that allows programs to output audio using a simple API on a wide variety of platforms.
libid3tag - 0.15.1b-1 -
mt-daapd - svn-1586-1 - A multi-threaded DAAP server for Linux and other POSIX type systems. Allows a Linux box to share audio files with iTunes users
ncurses - 5.6-3 -
screen - 4.0.3-2 -
termcap - 1.3.1-2 -
unzip - 5.52-3 -
zip - 2.32-1 -
zlib - 1.2.3-3 -
Successfully terminated.

How confusing!