Reply To: Firefly playing some, but not all songs

stretch
Participant

Firefly is a server. That’s about all it does. It can’t play music.

There are a number of ways to play the music that Firefly is making available across the network:

The most obvious player is iTunes.

There’s the Java Firefly client & Fireplay. Both are add-ons.
    The java client supports a number of codec’s, AAC is not one of them.
    Fireplay is a flashplayer based that is installed on the server. It only supports MP3 and you would need to gain SSH access to root on the ReadyNAS to install it. Netgear have an add-on that will allow you to do this BUT you may be denied tech support if you stuff something up.

Then there’s a few other music players that understand DAAP e.g. Rhythm Box.

There is an applet, largely forgotten, it too is an add-on that is bundled with Firefly. From memory, the applet can only play MP3’s.
It can be found at your.nas.ip.address:3689/applet.html

The error message you have posted looks like the one i get when i try to play AAC files using the Java Firefly client so i assume you’re using that one.
One possible solution is to have Firefly transcode AAC music as required BUT the ReadyNAS team have locked the transcoding section of Firefly so that it can only transcode flac files.
Your only other solution is to permanently convert the AAC files into another format.

Music purchased from iTMS will not work with non-Apple software unless it’s the DRM free variety.