Reply To: iTunes server compatibility with Apple iPhone ‘Remote’ app

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests iTunes server compatibility with Apple iPhone ‘Remote’ app Reply To: iTunes server compatibility with Apple iPhone ‘Remote’ app

Anonymous
Inactive

Ace:
I am VERY interested in this implementation.

I have been looking for a music streaming solution via wifi. I believe that the airport express is one of the most cost effective options available and streaming from itunes works well.

HOWEVER

The one item that seems to be missing is some type of server support with itunes. I have a WHS and since this computer is always running in the house, it would be ideal to be the media repository. It would also be ideal to use an iphone or itouch via the Remote app to control it. Doing this would give you the same functionality as a sonos system for less than 1/10th the cost.

Currently in order to use the Remote app you must have an instance of iTunes running and this is not easily feasible with a WHS since a user must be logged in for the software to run. There are workarounds (anyserviceinstaller.exe) but they are cumbersome.

Please, keep us updated on your progress!