FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) › Firefly Media Server Forums › Firefly Media Server › General Discussion › Firefly, sharing iphone music TO iTunes on V2 firmware › Reply To: Firefly, sharing iphone music TO iTunes on V2 firmware
- Install FireFly Media Server via Cydia
- SSH to your iPhone as root and create an /etc/mt-daapd.conf file:
# Edited: Fri Sep 19 14:53:31 2008
# By: root
servername My iPhone
I recommend changing the admin password.
- Create a /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.fireflymediaserver.mt-daapd.plist file
- Register your new /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.fireflymediaserver.mt-daapd.plist file with launchctl:
launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.fireflymediaserver.mt-daapd.plist
- Add a BossPrefs custom service to start and stop the server
Start: launchctl start org.fireflymediaserver.mt-daapd.plist
Stop: killall mt-daapd
- Enjoy your music
FireFly won’t stay on in Boss Prefs. It stops every time I leave the Boss Prefs screen. For that matter, it doesn’t auto-start either. (Basically I have not been able to get it to work at all.) There are also TWO FireFly controls listed in Boss Prefs – even though I only added ONE.
I copied and pasted the conf and plist directly from your post. Are there permissions chmod/chown that need to be set?
Doesn’t start from command line either – indicating that I’ve done something wrong. While I try to figure out what it is, can you suggest places to look?