Reply To: Noob question re Firefly and Roku Soundbridge

EVILRipper
Participant

That guy was a bot, I guess. So ignore it.

Anyway, the question to control the soundbridge remote is not firefly related.
However, doing a quick search got me the following link:
http://forums.rokulabs.com/viewtopic.php?t=6078

Sounds interesting for me too, I’m trying it now… ๐Ÿ™‚

[edit]
Ok. Seen it. Dang, that program’s version is supposedly in 1.5.5, but I’d say it’s in a late alpha or early beta stage.
Isn’t completely what you’re looking for. It’s a windows executable which runs a program that clones the soundbridge GUI.

Anyhow, I’m looking at the source code now, and I see they can talk to the soundbridge simply using a socket. For a fact, I know this is possible with PHP aswell, which makes it possible to write a webinterface. ๐Ÿ™‚
I guess I just found a new project for my spare time (which I don’t really have)
[/edit]

[edit2]
The program is bugged like hell. It has some nice job handling, but from viewing the debug messages, it had some error trying to list all artists and albums.
Next I clicked on the 0 found albums, attempting to list it again. Instead, it started listing all 18.000 songs. ouch. Even worse, I thought it didn’t respond, so I clicked several times.
Yup, it started listing all 18.000 songs over and over again.

My quick review: Keep an eye on the messages window whether the program is busy. Try to do as little searches and clicks as possible. Each click stacks up in the “jobs next to do” list.
Overall, it does do what it is supposed to do, so it does work. ๐Ÿ™‚
[/edit2]