Reply To: Crossfire release 0.5.0 (webbased streaming client)

Anonymous
Inactive

I’m not using IIS, but cherokee with php and whatnot on my nslu2. I haven’t seen any mime types as prerequisites or in the install file. Then, I didn’t really search thouroughly – I confess ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m sure it can be made working even on small embedded browsers. Like I said, everything else is working like a charm. ๐Ÿ™‚

I mainly tested with Apache and IIS, buit I am pretty sure the problem comes down to the way Cherokee handles Byte-ranges (I have similar issues with LightHTTPD).. This can be solved pretty easily by ommiting the binairy_proxy.php (which is req for iPhone only), and just stream the file directly. I will install Cherokee this week, and come up with a nice solution ๐Ÿ˜‰

PS: There is a workaround for your problem, by using the default template and enable_byte_cache.. Edit the config.xml file, and speficy the default.xml template for Firefox. Also set ‘enable_byte_caching’ to true and… SSH to your NSLUG, you will need to enable write-acess on the Crossfire installation directory.. The enable_byte_cache functionality will first copy the song to the directory before serving (thus omiting byte-serving)… This option was implemented as a workaround a while ago, but not abondened yet.

PS: The issue is currently filed under:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1932020&group_id=216805&atid=1040044

Cheers,
Tony[/url]