Reply To: DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work Reply To: DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work

Anonymous
Inactive

I’ve just installed Firefly on an Linkstation Pro (stock firmware 1.11) using the standing instructions, but neither of my Soundbridge players (Radio & M400) will see the library on the NAS. They will however connect to both Firefly and Windows Media Player servers on a Vista wireless laptop. The FF service is definitely running on the LS, the Java Firefly Client will happily stream from the library, but that uses an explicit IP/Port connect rather than looking for the multicast. I have a DLink G624T router. The SB’s are on firmware 3.0.54 (I have also downgraded them to 3.0.44 but no joy with that either).

I’m guessing that the problem is the multicast signal is not getting through the wired-wireless boundary on the router as all the successful connects are wireless-wireless.

Is the conclusion from those using it that the Netgear WNR3500 router definitely works between soundbridge (Pinnacle branded in my case) devices and a wired server (Linkstation)? I don’t have any ‘n’ devices but the gigabit rate might be useful for backups.