Reply To: DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work Reply To: DLink DIR-655 and Roku SoundBridge M2000 – Making it work

Anonymous
Inactive

I literally just plugged it in yesterday so I’d need to give it some time before I can give you a complete appraisal.

On the face of it, Netgear setup was relatively painless using the setup CD and the Netgear seems to have slightly better signal quality at a difficult spot in my house.

On the negative side, everytime you update settings, the Netgear router goes through a long reboot cycle. Once you’ve got the router programmed though that shouldn’t be a big problem. And the D-link gives you rate and signal strength of the attached wireless devices. I couldn’t find that in the Netgear.

The D-link seems to be a little bit more customizable so if you have a very specific thing you’re trying to accomplish you might have slightly better luck with the D-link. They’re so close in functionality though that most people won’t know the difference.

Note that I’m only running at 145Mb mode so I can’t speak to the differences at 300Mb.