FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) › Firefly Media Server Forums › Firefly Media Server › Setup Issues › Firefly cannot connect, Twonkyvision can › Reply To: Firefly cannot connect, Twonkyvision can
I have installed Firmware Version: V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta and also installed nightly version mt-daapd_svn-1696 at the NSLU2.
– Pinnacle Soundbridge M1001 (wireless)
– Davolink DV-201AMR router/modem
– USB disk connected to NSLU2
– NSLU2 connected wired to router
First I thought it was a router problem: no support for multicast. But with Twonky I can connect. Any ideas?
Twonky doesn’t use multicast, so it may still be a multicast issue.
Also could be a couple other thing:
1. If you installed from 0.2.4 to nightlies without overwriting the config, it might not be able to find the plugins. You can tell by looking at the web interface (http://ip.of.slug:3689) and seeing if it shows the rsp plugin in the plugins section. If not, that’s your problem.
2. There is an issue with background scans on 1696. Try turning scan_interval to 0. It might be that the dumb thing has crashed, and that’s why you can’t see it.
Aside from router & multicast, those are the things to try.