Reply To: iTunes Playlists

rpedde
Participant

@blamm wrote:

Hi,

I have finally decided start using iTunes to manage my MP3s and have pointed Firefly at the iTunes library. It works well but Firefly doesnt show all my playlists (on my Roku or in the web UI). In fact it only shows two that it claims are from iTunes. “Music” (which appears to counterpart the whole library) and “Top 25 Most Played” (which doesnt actually exist). I have all the iTunes and playlist items switched on in Firefly so am a bit stumped. iTunes has eight playlists, none of which are shown.

Should I be able to see all of my playlists (smart and static)? How do I make it happen?

Don’t remember what platform you are running, but make sure that the iTunes Music Library.xml is under your mp3_dir. Also, check to see you don’t have more than one .xml file in there… maybe from an upgrade or something, because it sounds like it’s picking up more than one playlist.

That’s really it though. Turn on the playlists in the web config, as well as the itunes playlists, and make sure that the iTunes Music Library.xml is under your mp3_dir. That’s really it.

— Ron