Reply To: Multiple instances of mt-daapd for linux running at once

eldino
Participant

@S80_UK wrote:

That’s an interesting box you’re looking at. Please let us all know if you go for it. The CPU is certainly capable enough. I did run four instances on an NSLU2 (266MHz).

I’d like to buy it NOW, but it’s pretty hard to get it here in Italy. No trusty online reseller, no offline reseller. I found this Epatec brand that sell it with a different name “eTC 3854” -> http://store.epatec.net/es/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=50
and it looks a trusty site to buy from. I contacted them via email (they have an italian office) and I’m waiting for a reply. I need to know how much shipping costs are and the payment methods (i haven’t bank account). We will see.

I looked for many months to NSLU2, that is really cheap (90€ vs 250 € needed for the etc 3854) and easy to order,i read a lot of wikis about it and It could be perfect for what I’d like to do.. but it has 2 problems:
1. many people report a limitation about hd sizes (max 250-300 gb); i’d like to plug to it anything less than 500GB/750GB;
2. it doesn’t support HFS+!! I use my external disks with Mac and I don’t really want to format them as ext3 or worst: FAT32! Formatting a 500Gb baby as FAT32 sounds dumb to me. Well I could do it too if there are any alternatives but mmmh..

Using a thin client instead of a NSLU2 could give me a decent HFS+ suppport, I guess..