Reply To: HP MediaSmart EX 470—-Firefly not working

rpedde
Participant

@johnrr6 wrote:

Both Server and Workstation are wired—-both have subnet masks of 255.255.255.0. when I ipconfig/all

And are on the same subnet? Both with the same address scheme?

I don’t see anything called multicast on the Linksys wired router—-should I look for something else—-called something else in the Linksys.

Might be called “IGRP”. Or even “media streaming” or something like that. If there’s a UPnP enabling checkbox, that wouldn’t hurt either.

Ports 80, 443, and 4125 are forwarded in the router to the static IP address of the Server.

Shouldn’t need to forward anything if the client and server are on the same network.

HP did call me last night—-said that other folks have been calling in about the iTunes server as well. Said they were preparing a ‘Patch” to hopefully deal with some issues. I asked exactly what the issues were the patch would address—-the guy did not know. (Sounded like he was just trying to make me happy talking about a patch—but I am an eternal optomist….

That’s cool… I know there are some iTunes aggregator issues, but I think your issues are something other than that.

Can you get to the firefly web interface from the workstation? Something like:

http://ip.of.server:9999 with any username and a password of “firefly” should work.