Reply To: HP MediaSmart EX 470—-Firefly not working

Anonymous
Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

The issue is something networking related, for sure. Different subnet mask on the server versus the workstation?

Those are all I can think of… firewall on PC, router blocking multicast/igrp, or mismatched subnet masks. Other than that, if bonjour says it’s running, then it got a good registration and the server is advertising services.

Did you install a third-party firewall on the server? Or VPN software possibly? Anything that might have changed the networking from default?

Both Server and Workstation are wired—-both have subnet masks of 255.255.255.0. when I ipconfig/all

The only firewall I am using is the standard Windows Firewall on the Server—-and Windows Firewall on the Worstations. I shut the firewalls off on the server and the workstation to see if it made a difference

nope.

No VPN software—-and no 3rd Party software.

I don’t see anything called multicast on the Linksys wired router—-should I look for something else—-called something else in the Linksys.

I’m using a Static IP for the server assigned above the normal range for DHCP of the router.

Ports 80, 443, and 4125 are forwarded in the router to the static IP address of the Server.

Do any other Ports need to be forwarded specifically for Firefly or Bonjour??

Is there something in Firefly or Bonjour that I need to set for the servers Static IP address???

Would it be helpful to reinstall Bonjour???

HP did call me last night—-said that other folks have been calling in about the iTunes server as well. Said they were preparing a ‘Patch” to hopefully deal with some issues. I asked exactly what the issues were the patch would address—-the guy did not know. (Sounded like he was just trying to make me happy talking about a patch—but I am an eternal optomist….

Again—-thanks for your help and any suggestions.

John