Reply To: Windows – Forcibly closed error

Anonymous
Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@Casao wrote:

Sorry for the earlier confusion about IP addresses, to reiterate, it was Hamachi’s IP, and once I disabled Hamachi I am still able to connect to it and it gives my private IP.

Ah. It sounds like either:

1. Hamachi is sending all multicast info out the hamachi interface

or

2. Bonjour is picking up the hamachi interface and advertising it on the local lan.

You might try stopping hamachi, restarting bonjour (so it starts up without hamachi running), then restarting firefly. (through control panel->admin tools->services).

I wonder what that would do.

There does exist an option to specify what interface to advertise on, but I’m not sure how that works on windows. I’ll look into it further, but it looks as if for now you have a workaround.

Glad to hear it.

— Ron

That doesn’t seem to be working. They’re both attempting to connect via the private IPs now – iTunes on my server can connect ot the Firefly while the iTunes on my laptop can’t. Also, the iTunes on my laptop can connect to the share from iTunes on my server.

Confused yet?

Either way, Hamachi is fine with me, I’ve been using it for a variety of purposes anyway, as I’m often out and about but still want file access to my desktop.