Reply To: Windows – Forcibly closed error

Anonymous
Inactive

@rpedde wrote:

@Casao wrote:

Nope. My server sits behind my router so I’ve never felt the need for a firewall. Windows Firewall is off and I have no form of antivirus installed on it.

I have Hamachi installed and running, I could try closing it down to see if that helps, but it’s never interfered with anything before.

Other than that, nothing I can think of. The SMB shares mount fine so I don’t think it’s any kind of communication error between the computers.

The hamachi might be worth a try… the only thing I can think is that it’s advertising the wrong ip or something. (like that of a vpn interface)

I just went ahead and tried it without Hamachi – still no go. It doesn’t give any error in the log at all, iTunes just says “Connecting to Firefly Media Server” indefinitely. I’ve left it running for hours before and still no go.

Just to make sure I’m doing everything correctly:

I install version 1586 from the Nightlies section of the download page.

During the install I pointed it to my music folder (It has no spaces in it, but it does have a non-C drive letter, if that makes a difference)

I tell it to start server.

I go into iTunes, see it on the list and connect to it.

I’ve had Bonjour installed for a while now, and the web status page confirms that Bonjour is running.

The music all works fine because I can access it from inside iTunes when it’s running, and I can also access it via normal iTunes sharing.

I don’t have to create any smart playlists, do I?

I pointed it out before, but while reinstalling, I saw it say “Stopping Service” even though I had done an uninstall of the previous version and rebooted before trying to install the version I’m using now – should I have seen this, or does it imply the server wasn’t properly shut down?

I think I’m going to uninstall Firefly Media Server, make sure it’s off of my Services list, run CCleaner and then try a fresh install – hopefully this’ll make things work for me.