Reply To: SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio Reply To: SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio

renderer

I have the HomeMusic M1001 system, a Linksys WRT54GC wireless router, and a 64-bit Debian etch system.

I have installed the SoundBridge 3.0.49 beta software, and built firefly
from source (mt-daapd-0.2.4.1).

Everything individually appears to be working properly – I can access the SB web server, the firefly web server, play Internet Radio etc.

The SB doesn’t seem to talk to the firefly server, getting “Incompatible servers found” “SoundBridge found one or more DAAP servers (like iTunes) on the network, but can’t connect to them. To access these libraries from SoundBridge we recommend using the Firefly media server for fre from…”.

I read elsewhere that multicast support may be the problem. I have tried the router “Filter Multicast” setting enabled and disabled.

I have tried “–enable-avahi” in the ./configure. The mt-daapd log shows no problems (-d 6).

I also hear iptables might need configuring. I do not know what this may need.

I have tried avahi-discover on the server, and there are SoundBridge and mt-daapd web sites, _roku-rcp.tcp SoundBridge entry and an iTunes Audio Access entry for mt-daapd.

How can I debug this configuration? No errors are logged, and the SB report of “Incompatible servers” is spectacularly unhelpful!

Thanks in advance for any clues!

renderer