Reply To: SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio Reply To: SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio

Anonymous
Inactive

Ron,
Since replying earlier today—
I’ve updated the firmware for my router (TEW633-GR) and double checked all the recommended settings. Still no luck. I disabled windows firewall via “control panel>administrative tools>services”, no luck. I turned the XP firewall back on, connected the SB directly to the computer that hosts my library (bypassing my router), no luck. Then I turned off the xp firewall with SB still connected and finally i could see & play the FF library.

Thinking it was the xp firewall, I decided to try one more thing. I plugged my SB directly into the wireless router and I could see & play the FF library regarless if the xp firewall was on or off. While trying all these different scenarios, the computer hosting the library was connected to the router wirlessly.

It seems as if I have a wireless configuration issue between the SB and router, but I still have no trouble streaming wirlessly from WMP.

I also have a wirless netgear router/printserver. I will try that this weekend to further narrow down the list of possiblities.