Reply To: SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio Reply To: SB M1001:can’t see libraries, but connects to internet radio

Anonymous
Inactive

Ron,
My Router is a Trendnet TEW633-GP. There is a firmware update which I will apply tonight. Mulitcast is enabled as is upnp. What is igmp?
My desktop is connected wirelessly as is my SB. My music file is on the “D” drive of the computer. I renamed the firefly library as “firefly” keeping the name short.

A little more background- I’m running xp sp2. I’ve uninstalled Bonjour and FF, and reinstalled to ensure a good install (installed bonjour b4 FF). Confirmed in windows “services” that both are running. I can see the FF share in iTunes & iTunes is setup to share in preferences. I can open the FF share in iTunes. I had AVG antivirus + firewall installed but have since uninstalled the firewall portion and now using the xp firewall. Firefly & iTunes is in the exception list and I think I’ve opened the required ports correctly (TCP 9999 for ff, UDP 5353 for ff, and the required TCP port for IT.). I see the SB in “my network places” but when I click on it I get a message saying it is not available and mybe offline, but yet it’s streaming from WMP & I can access the SB via iexplorer. I’ve even disabled the xp firewall still no joy although I may not have disabled it correctly. I recall seeing a post saying there’s more to disabling xp firewall than just clicking on the “disable” button. I will investigate this further tonight.