Reply To: nslu2 setup broken after uprgade to svn-1696

rsl360
Participant

@rpedde wrote:

actually, it’s “sqlite”. on the nslu2, sqlite is sqlite3, sqlite2 is sqlite2. Were it me, I would have made “sqlite” sqlite2,
and sqlite3 sqlite3, but that’s me… someone had already checked in a 3 package as sqlite when I added sqlite2.

— Ron

sheesh, and people wonder why the public has trouble with computers……

It gets more interesting. There appear to be _two_ packages with the name “sqlite” on the ipkg system (for the NSLU2).
Both appear to be version 3, but different builds. (and I should have realized the version number was in the description…..)
This seems bogus to me.
With my NSLU2 I see:

bash-3.2# ipkg list | grep lite
sqlite – 3.5.4-1 – SQLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine.
sqlite – 3.4.1-1 –
sqlite2 – 2.8.16-1 – SQLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine.
bash-3.2#
bash-3.2# ipkg list_installed | grep lite
sqlite – 3.4.1-1 –
sqlite2 – 2.8.16-1 – SQLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine.
bash-3.2#

Which version of three did you put up? Or more to the point, which one should we be using, and is it the one I’m running?
I cannot say how I got my particular versions of sqlite, as at this point I don’t recall if I loaded sqlite myself,
if it’s part of the basic package, or if it loaded autmagically as part of mt-daapd install.

Anything I should try?

rsl