Reply To: Compilation Directories? – What does this setting do?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Compilation Directories? – What does this setting do? Reply To: Compilation Directories? – What does this setting do?

rpedde
Participant

@cosecha wrote:

Thanks for the quick response.

Okay, I entered /Compilations/, saved, did a full scan, restarted the soundbridge and still nothing. I double checked that the entries that are showing up under artists are part of a compilation and in that folder on the HD and they are.

I have three music folders set up… would that make a difference? iTunes plays and burns from the “Users/Shared/Music/” and the user iTunes folders are set up so that the playlists register.

Any advice?

Shouldn’t be an issue. You can make a playlist like “compilation=1” to see what items are marked as a compilation in the database.

Aside from that, look for typos or anything like that — make sure the directory really is called “Compilations” and that the case is right and all that.

Because it sounds like you have it all set up right.

They also have to have full metadata — like there has to be an artist, and album, and a song title, or it won’t do it.

That’s all really.