Reply To: Smart Playlist on the Web Interface

rpedde
Participant

@dsailor wrote:

I noticed one of my playlists was rather long (maybe 25 lines). So I simplified this to a single line and viola, my playlists now show up on the web interface. I add back my entire playlist and again they disappear. So why is this? Is there a limit to the number of lines that are allowed? Obviously the database itself allows that many characters, why would that interfere with the web interface? It is also possible that I had an error in my playlist, but would it still be playable in iTunes if that were the case?

No, there shouldn’t be, and I can’t off the top see a reason that it should be that way.

Are the “smart playlists” not designed for this type of use?

It should work, although with the version you are running that gets translated into a sql query on the back end, and likely that’s a pretty inefficient query.

Should I be using .m3u flat files instead? I suppose I could create my own interface with PHP and Apache, but why reinvent the wheel?

I’d have done that by ‘genre’ tag, but that’s just me. 🙂

But it should work. I’ll see if I can replicate this.

P.S. Are the smart playlists case-sensitive, specifically the “fname” and “path” directives?

terms that translate to “like” querys (startswith, endswith, includes) are all case insensitive. “=” is not.

Or does it simply depend on the host file system? Does it depend on my Case Sensitive option in the config file, or that simply for the actual access to the files?

Yup, that’s for file access — whether a playlist referring to “SOME FILE.mp3” and “some file.mp3” are referring to the same file or not.

Shouldn’t be a factor here.

— Ron