Reply To: Smart Playlist on the Web Interface

Anonymous
Inactive

Ok, it seems that I have figured out what the cause may be. I have opened the database file with sqlite and have ran sql commands on the database. First thing I did was remove the spaces in the names of the plalists. Didn’t help.

I noticed one of my playlists was rather long (maybe 25 lines). So I simplified this to a single line and viola, my playlists now show up on the web interface. I add back my entire playlist and again they disappear. So why is this? Is there a limit to the number of lines that are allowed? Obviously the database itself allows that many characters, why would that interfere with the web interface? It is also possible that I had an error in my playlist, but would it still be playable in iTunes if that were the case?

Here is the playlist causing the problem…

SELECT * FROM PLAYLISTS WHERE ID=6;
6|ClassicRock|1|68|fname includes “zz top” ||
fname includes “zztop” ||
fname includes “thorogood” ||
fname includes “skynyrd” ||
fname includes “skynard” ||
fname includes “rolling stones” ||
fname includes “foreigner” ||
fname includes “journey” ||
fname includes “doobie brothers” ||
fname includes “zepplin” ||
fname includes “creedence clearwater” ||
fname includes “creedance” ||
fname includes “motley crue” ||
fname includes “love in an elevator” ||
fname includes “lindsey buckingham” ||
fname includes “Allman Brothers” ||
fname includes “Nazareth” ||
fname includes “Steve Miller” ||
fname includes “Pink Floyd” ||
fname includes “Come Together” ||
fname includes “Autograph” ||
fname includes “billy joel” ||
fname includes “marshall tucker” ||
fname includes “outlaws” ||
fname includes “Stevie Ray Vaughn” ||
fname includes “Blackfoot”|0||0

Any ideas?

Are the “smart playlists” not designed for this type of use? Should I be using .m3u flat files instead? I suppose I could create my own interface with PHP and Apache, but why reinvent the wheel?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Are the smart playlists case-sensitive, specifically the “fname” and “path” directives? Or does it simply depend on the host file system? Does it depend on my Case Sensitive option in the config file, or that simply for the actual access to the files?