Reply To: A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Anonymous
Inactive

I changed the default iTunes encoding to .mp3, imported a test CD, had Firefly rescan my library and it played instantly.

It had crossed my mind to try another format but I figured that if the Firefly client could handle .m4a then so could the client. Thanks again 😀

I set the .mp3 quality to 192 kbps which is the highest that iTunes will allow and I wont be able to test the performance of the client remotely until I return to work on Monday. Can you recommend any best practices for the encoding rate?

One final issue, which may be slightly off-topic… when I changed from .m4a to .mp3 I noticed that the album art did not download for the album. I know the art is available as this album existed in my iTunes collection, I just deleted the .m4a version and re-imported it in .mp3.

I did some research and found out that you can just go to Amazon and download the image from the website and attach it that way. That worked good for iTunes except that when I use the Java Firefly client the artwork wont appear. Still more research and I found out that I need to imbed the album art in each song? Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this? I found http://www.fixtunes.com/ on the web, is this a solution?

Thanks for your help so far!