Reply To: A standalone Java client: FireflyClient

Anonymous
Inactive

@fizze wrote:

Heh, I finally got around to trying this, very nice UI 🙂

Thank you very much….. but it seems that it is not enough 😥 to get it work !

I, however, hit a brickwall with 0.5b:

[FireflyClientException] class com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.io.MalformedByteSequenceException - IOException while unmarshalling the database (during parsing).
at net.firefly.client.controller.request.RSPRequestManager.getDatabase(RSPRequestManager.java:344)
at net.firefly.client.gui.swing.dialog.NewHostDialog$OKButtonActionListener$1.run(NewHostDialog.java:308)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It is very strange because regarding the trace, the error does not occur while loading the song list (which may contains strange character) but just asking the database (which should not be a complex xml):

http://server:port/rsp/db

Have you tried several times, because I had a similar error that occured sometimes when testing HTTP compression support (see your preferences), but I couldn’t reproduce it always. This made this bug hard to correct! I’d be glad if you could provide me with the xml to have a closer look at it. You can retry to see if you can reproduce it always or disable HTTP compression to see if it still happens.

I am using svn-1696 with sqlite3 on a NSLU2

Nothing to do with it but i’m trying too migrate from svn-1376 to svn-1696 but with debian etch and it seems that there is no sqlite3 database support. I found sqlite much more slow than sqlite3. Do you know where I can find a .deb package 1696 with sqlite3 database support enabled ?
–caribou