Reply To: Problems ripping AAC with iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Problems ripping AAC with iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3? Reply To: Problems ripping AAC with iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3?

Anonymous
Inactive

According to Roku’s site:

In order to play AAC files properly over the network, the AAC file must be optimized for “fast-start streaming”. All recent versions of iTunes do this automatically when creating AAC files. However, some other encoders (including Nero and FAAC) do not optimize the files for fast-start streaming.

I tried ripping the files in the newest version of iTunes directly to AAC. Same problem.

I can’t mail you a file as they are like 20 meg each. Do you have an FTP site that I can drop one?

Actually I think I didn’t explain my setup properly before. I’m streaming from mt-daapd 2.4.1 to iTunes. I use airport expresses to feed music to several systems around the house via airtunes. the issue is that Apple lossless files I’ve made using iTunes 7.5 play fine when residing locally, but when I move them to my server and use mt-daapd, they do not play on the came iTunes client. This hasn’t happened before, I’ve got like 800 albums of Apple Lossless files that mt-daapd is serving up nicely. It’s something that changed recently.

Sheldon