Reply To: Problems ripping AAC with iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Problems ripping AAC with iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3? Reply To: Problems ripping AAC with iTunes 7.5 & Quicktime 7.3?

Anonymous
Inactive

have a similar problem, so I think it’s a firefly problem. Here’s my system:

I’m currently running mt-daapd 2.4.1 on openSUSE 10.3. I use this server to hold my apple lossless files.

I make apple lossless files in a crazy way. I use Exact Audio Copy on my PC to rip the CD, I then convert to FLAC. I use XLD on the MAc to convert from FLAC to AAC. I have an issue with the two albums I have processed since I switched to Leopard.

mt-daapd runs properly and shows up in the newest version of iTunes. It streams the older ripped tracks just fine. The newest tracks it plays some and doesn’t others. When I click play iTunes sits at 0:00. If I hit fast forward, I get an exclamation point and it goes to the next song. It may or may not play. On an album with 12 tracks, it can play 3.

The entries in /var/log/messages doesn’t show any errors, or anything out of the ordinary.

I tried the latest nightly and I can’t seem to get it to run (it complains about not being able to open the database).

So it’s not the Roku because I’m using iTunes and have a similar problem.

I’m very willing to help debug if there is anything I can do.

Sheldon