Reply To: Firefly needs rebooting to avoid ‘incompatible’ message

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly needs rebooting to avoid ‘incompatible’ message Reply To: Firefly needs rebooting to avoid ‘incompatible’ message

Anonymous
Inactive

Well, I took the plunge and installed the later version (1586) and everything seems to run normally. I even tried turning off the PC and starting it again and the SB seems to find firefly now without a reboot of the server. So a round of applause to you both – I say ‘both’ because although it was Ron who suggested it above, I believe Stretch made the same suggestion to me previously on another forum (perhaps Radio and Telly or Roku) but I was too nervous to do it.

Ron, I noticed something that I did not expect when doing the upgrade and that was that my MS Defender warned me of two attempts to defeat my firewall. One was Roku, which I allowed) and the other was RPEDDE or something like that, which I kicked it into touch although I had a vague recollection that I had seen the name before. Then, on returning to this forum to thank you, Ron, I realised it was you! Will my denial affect how it works? I did notice that I was barred from your site when I clicked a link. Also, there’s something in your email that leads me to suspect that you had a big hand in writing this software program. Is that right? Finally, the upgrade is twice the size of the original version but I see no difference in the control panel. Am I missing something?

Rgds,
a happy ZYGO