Reply To: Firefly needs rebooting to avoid ‘incompatible’ message

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Firefly needs rebooting to avoid ‘incompatible’ message Reply To: Firefly needs rebooting to avoid ‘incompatible’ message

rpedde
Participant

@zygo wrote:

Hi. I’m new to Soundbridge and this is my first post, which of course means I’m looking for some help! 🙄

Soundbridge/Firefly works fine, when connected. But Soundbridge ALWAYS flags up an “Incompatible server” message when I first start it and I always have to close the Firefly server and the open it again to make a connection.

Firefly is set to launch with Windows when I start my PC. There’s an icon on the bottom tray of XP and clicking on it opens the Firefly Media Server dialogue which has four tabs. The “Server” tabs shows “The Firefly Media Server is currently running”.

At the moment, the only way I can resolve it is to close the Firefly server (by clicking “Stop Server” on the Server tab) and then hit Start Server again. Everything is then fine. But this canot be right, surely?
I thought it might be better if I unchecked the tickbox “Start Firefly when Windows starts” but I find that unless that box is checked, Firefly cannot start at all – instead it flags up a “Failed to start Firefly Media Server” message.

I have searched the forum as much as I can as I suspect there is a simple fix – probably a setting that needs a tweak. But I have not found a solution. Can anyone point me in the direction of a cure please?
Many thanks.

Zygo

I think you are probably running the 1.0 version of the firefly software from roku, right?

Try this version, which is much updated from that.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2emqp4

— Ron