Reply To: Error: 500general: etc

rpedde
Participant

@digitalworkshop wrote:

I have read that this 500general has been fixed in a later release – however as an Infrant ReadyNAS user – the only version they seem to use is version 1. Is there an easy way for non techies to get the latest version installed?

Ever since they moved to firefly I have been unable to use itunes and the nas which is a pita 🙂

Basically what happens is that the only way I can access the control panel is to uninstall Firefly, reinstall and then I can momentarily get access to the CP. After that – I just can’t access it anymore.

I just get internet explorer cannot display etc.

I don’t know whether its the size of my library that’s causing the issues or what.

Any thoughts?

Not sure what it’s doing, but it sounds like it’s crashing on something. The thing to do (if you can get in the web config page long enough) would be to turn the debuglevel up to 9 and set a logfile to somewhere you can read it. If you can’t do that from the web page, then you might have to do it from /etc/mt-daapd.conf directly.

Then let it crash and take a look at the log file that gets generated and see if that’s helpful.

— Ron