Reply To: DaapPlaylistGenerator

EVILRipper
Participant

@mas wrote:

1) The program times out at “receiving songlist”.

Could that be because it doesnt like the fact that my server has a music password?

Probably, yes. I have no password on my music, because a stream in winamp will not work if it has a password on it. So I’m afraid it will only work if no password is needed.
I will think of a solution for this problem, since I want to put a password on my music too, but not sure how to stay logged in while streaming.

@mas wrote:

2) When I enter not the IP but the URL of my server then it drops with an exception and bang the prog is gone.

I doubt this has anything to do with a port forward. If your server can be reached with that port by a simple HTTP request, it should work.

I did some more testing, and he seems to be very picky on URLs. 😛
http://” is -required-.
A tracing “/” will make it unable to find the url. (hehe, should place the GetUrl in a thread instead of the program’s main thread.)

These will be fixed in the next release.
However, I have no idea how the program could crash. Possibly because of the password on your music?

[edit]
I just put a password on my music. iTunes asks for a password now. The program seems to not care, and generate a playlist anyway. Also, winamp seems to be able to stream too. So either the server sees this is all happening local and allows, or the password isn’t just as safe as it should be. I will try this with password on at my work tomorrow.
[/edit]