Reply To: FAT32 maximum drive size and Firefly

rpedde
Participant

@JuanLu wrote:

Well, I had the whole day to test and realized that my smart list (songs.db) was the cause of the problem. I removed it and firefly remains stable playing music, BUT I need the smart playlist because plain WAVs and AIFs don’t support tags (btw: is there any way to implement it with aifs and wavs other than a playlist based on file names????). The playlist I built was almost 1100 records (!!!), so is there any way to reuse it? Putting the old database in the directory where firefly stores the database worked with my old setup, but not now.

That should still work. Check the web admin and make sure that you have “enable playlists” and “enable itunes” set to yes.

More troubles: i started with a new smart playlist choosing several of the directorys in the HD, run a scan and in 2 of them the files were lost and replaced with other huge size files with names such “07b~1.aif” where I had “07-He was despised.aif” for instance. I got also several files named “usbc” in these damaged directorys.

I’m scared about losing my digitized music collection and having to rip again all the cds because this slug behaviour.

This is almost certainly not a firefly thing — it only ever opens music files as read-only, so even if it hangs or something, it shouldn’t corrupt the file system.

The hang may well have been the usb stick. Did you set up the usb to minimize writes to flash, and move the firefly db off the flash and onto the usb? That will probably help flash longevity.