Reply To: Won’t transcode movie

Anonymous
Inactive

Oki, for some reason it now works (I’ve restarted the server, that’s the only thing I know I did). Works in the way that I hear the sound, but don’t see the video…

This is true both in the .avi and the AVI file with .m4v extension (I set all .m4v files to avi in the DB). For some reason, there’s now (?) no video stream in the output:

Input #0, avi, from '/share/Movies/tmp/Filename (avi-avi).avi':
Duration: 01:43:19.4, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 946 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg4, yuv420p, 640x240, 25.00 fps(r)
Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 112 kb/s
Output #0, wav, to 'pipe:':
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.1 -> #0.0

When playing Filename (avi-m4v).m4v mplayer is run like this:

mplayer -quiet -really-quiet -vo null -nomouseinput -nojoystick -nolirc -noconsolecontrols -nortc -ao pcm:file=/tmp/t-967.wav /share/Movies/tmp/Filename (avi-m4v).m4v

and there’s still no video. When playing the Filename (avi-avi).avi the script is using ffmpeg:

ffmpeg -vn -i /share/Movies/tmp/Filename (avi-avi).avi -f wav -

In both cases, iTunes Get Info say that it’s a WAV audio file. On the .avi file, the Video tab is grayed out.

Hacking the script to call ffmpeg for .m4v files don’t help either. Only one (audio) stream as above…

So… Conclution: If we can get ffmpeg/mplayer (or perhaps mencoder?) to write a WAV stream with both audio and audio, perhaps we can get this working… ?
It would however be nice if FireFly could ‘fake’ the extension (show .avi files as .m4v or whatever) so I don’t have to rename all my files… AVI files don’t show up as video files in iTunes, hence the ‘fake’…