Reply To: Need help launching the daemon at the command line

rpedde
Participant

@punkassjim wrote:

I’m using build 1586, ported to the iPhone. What I’d like to know is, when I launch the server from the command line, how exactly should I format the command?

I’d like to start the daemon by calling it directly, with whatever necessary arguments, and bypass launchd. Any help would be appreciated. I’m pretty sure my question isn’t unique to the OS X platform, but correct me if I’m wrong.

The reason I ask is, I’ve got a nice little utility that helps me flip the server on and off easily, but it’s not sending the right arguments when it starts mt-daapd, so the server isn’t being seen by iTunes.

So, if you were to start mt-daapd from the command line, what would you type in? Thanks in advance. 🙂

Howdy. Sorry so late — got called to DFW for a minor work emergency and haven’t been around for a couple days.

Generally, you can run it with mt-daapd -c /path/to/config.file as root. That should probably do it, as all the other configuration info should be in the config file. I don’t know where the iphone puts the files, though, including where the config file is, or where the binary is. If you have the bsd subsystem, though, you can probably find it with something like:

find / -name “mt-daapd.conf” -print

— Ron