Reply To: Which Linux for a newbie???

rpedde
Participant

@S80_UK wrote:

Hey Ron,

That’s an amazing response! Many thanks indeed. I shall certainly look into this some more.

I also spent time looking up the status of FLAC within Debian, and there is a build of 1.2.1 under testing, so I may also explore that route.

You’ve given me loads to work on here, so it will be a while before my next post. I like the idea of building my own stuff. (Believe it or not, I still very occasionally build simple utilities for a DOS machine using MS Quick-C – circa 1986 version…)

Please… have a virtual beer / coffee / etc on me. You should seriously consider a PayPal account for donations, if only to fund your hardware for all the platforms that you support.

Thanks once again,

Les.

I’m sure someone has version of it compiled and .debbed for etch. Didn’t see it on backports.org, which is where I usually look for newer stuff on debian.

I don’t like to install software that’s unpackaged, but sometimes I do anyway. 🙂

Erm… and I *have* a paypal thing over on sf, but I never link to it or anything. Mostly because it’s really not an issue for me (thankfully).

Once I get a stable and start working on the web site some more, I was thinking about putting a postcard beg up. I wouldn’t mind getting some postcards from places more exotic than texas. 🙂

— Ron

— Ron