Reply To: FirePlay Flash client for FireFly

Anonymous
Inactive

@Bo Mellberg wrote:

I have made some more tests, resulting in the following:

1. All files in admin-root. No crossdomain.xml needed.
2. All files located on separate Apache server. FirePlay.html edited with the FireFly server address and port. No crossdomain.xml needed.

It’s still the same physical server though, so these test are quite useless for you, jennytoo.

If you can, try running FirePlay in old Flash Player version 6. It is not equipped with the crossdomain security checks:

1 – fireplay itself in admin-root? Would need to be authenticated to get to fireplay, but then wouldn’t need it as same site, if I follow right?

2 -In my setup, both the apache server and the firefly server are on the same machine, just different ports. The fireplay files live on the apache server, and fireplay.html has the entries for firefly server/port. This is my setup, and it /does/ want crossdomain.xml, unless I did something wrong?

unless… I’ll have to check something out. I’ll bet what’s going on for me is the interaction between the apache webserver (which reports itself as the externally visible hostname, which is a different address) and the firefly server (which uses the internal address, on the same machine) … it’s seeing a mismatch on the IPs. Will have to play with that.

I’m playing with this specifically for use on my Wii which I just got. Seems like it’d make sense to use it as a mediaplayer, although so far if I let it play, after about half an hour it complains of memory exhaustion.