Reply To: Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory Reply To: Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

naturedudeks
Participant

Really struggling here. Is this flac stuff in 0.2.4.1? I looked through all the files and just didn’t find any text that looked like things you referred to, or the various files you noted in /contrib. Maybe I misunderstood which version I needed? That was the latest stable on sourceforge, pretty recent date.

Finally gave up and loaded svn1696 instead; this seems to have the files in contrib and various references to noted switches in the config/build files. This package asked me to load sqlite and sqlite-devel. I also loaded flac-devel because it says it wasn’t finding headers, and those are usually in the *-devel packages, right? So then I re-ran configure with the –enable-flac –enable-sqlite –prefix=/usr switches. Now, I get the error “Must have libFLAC for FLAC support”. I’ve already loaded flac-1.1.0.7 but it doesn’t help. What am I missing?

Seems like I am in dependency hell…several days playing with this so far. Is building this really so hard? I feel stupid!