Reply To: Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory Reply To: Starting DAAP server: execvp: No such file or directory

rpedde
Participant

@naturedudeks wrote:

Well I rebuilt with that witch (I think, as I don’t know where to use it) but my Mac user confirms she can see the flac files but not play them…

Prevous was ok on the embedded version in my ReadyNAS NV.

If the metadata shows up okay, that’s what the “–enable-flac” does. It pulls the metadata (artist, album, etc) from flac files.

To do the transcoding, you need to have the flac package installed — if you can type “flac” from a command line and not get bad command error, then you have the flac transcoding binary installed. In debian, that package is called “flac”. I don’t know what’s its called on rhel4. I’d guess “flac”.

If you installed with –prefix=/usr, then there should be a script called “mt-daapd-ssc.sh” in /usr/sbin. Check and see. if not, then copy it from the contrib directory to /usr/sbin.

Edit the file, and put in the full paths to wavstreamer and flac. (probably both /usr/bin/wavstreamer, and /usr/bin/flac).

Once you have that, set up your ssc_codecs to include flac, and point ssc_script to /usr/sbin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh.

that should do it.

— Ron