Reply To: /etc/mt-daapd.playlist file

rpedde
Participant

@eschoeller wrote:

Good. No offense but I think the db is the wrong place for it. I always ended up losing all my playlists somehow and it was very discouraging that there was no good way to back them up, short of backing up the whole db. And then if there was ever a problem with the db …. well .. you had to lose all your playlists too 🙁

Ya, well, I’m a slow learner. 🙂

Any eta for this? I’d hate to do a bunch of scripting now to only have to re-write them shortly.

I had hoped to have it done by now, frankly. But lately it’s been 12 hour days at work + going to gym + answering email = bedtime.

I hope to put at least a fair dent in it this weekend. I’d guess I’ll have a not-working-very quickly implementation by Monday.

do the playlists get re-scanned during the re-scan interval? will the future mt-daapd.playlist file be re-scanned as well? It would be incredibly helpful if it was !

Yes, they do. I’m not sure the playlists will be in one file. I’m thinking they will probably be in a “playlist” folder, one playlist per file. But yeah, if they change, they’ll get rescanned.

— Ron