Reply To: iTunes Playlist

squashuax
Participant

I can’t get playlists working between iTunes, Maxtor MSS NAS, and Fierefly. Everything I’ve done is described below. Please take a look, and let me know if you see what is wrong, or can suggest how to fix it. I am using Firefly version svn-1673 (which apart from playlists, is working great).

First, I copied all of my music to the NAS, and then used iTunes to set the iTunes Music Folder

Then, using the “advanced” menu, I consolidated the library. This took awhile, but made sure there was a copy of all of my MP4 files in the Y:My MusiciTunesiTunes Music folder.

Then, using “export library” from the “file” menu, I created Y:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicLibrary.xml

According to the Firefly web interface,
Config File Location: /shares/mss-hdd/__opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf
Web Root: /shares/mss-hdd/__opt/share/mt-daapd/admin-root

And two music folder locations:
/shares/mss-hdd/Compaq_Owner/My Music/
and
/shares/mss-hdd/Compaq_Owner/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/

Process Playlists: Yes
Process iTunes files: Yes
Process m3u files: No

Under Smart Playlists, I see this:
ID Playlist Name Type Action
1 Library Smart

After running a full scan, and restarting the Roku SoundBridge, when I go to the Roku and scan for playlists after I get connected to the NAS, I get this message:
“”

When I use telnet to look in the firefly “/opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf” file, I see this:
mp3_dir = /shares/mss-hdd/Compaq_Owner/My Music/,/shares/mss-hdd/Compaq_Owner/M$

If I use wordpad to view the Library.xml file at Y:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicLibrary.xml, I find this at the beginning of a very long text file:

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"

http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd”&gt;

Major Version1
Minor Version1
Application Version7.4.1
Features1
Show Content Ratings
Music Folderfile://localhost/Y:/My%20Music/iTunes/iTunes%20Music/
Library Persistent IDA318CFDA900F32EA
Tracks

and when I search the text for “playlist” I find this information:

Playlists