Reply To: Can’t get SB to notice Firefly media server (1671/1673)Vista

rpedde
Participant

@hans.t wrote:

I reinstalled Vista from scratch ( 😡 ) and reinstalled Firefly (port 9999). It worked fine with my SB. When I put the PC on suspend (or sleep) mode (I don’t know which term Vista is using – I run a Dutch language version) and fired it up again, firefly is still running but my SB states that no library can be found. That is the only change I put in.

And this is with Bonjour for Windows 1.0.4 from the Apple site?

When I then shut down my PC completely and restart, Firefly still won’t work with my SB. It initially won’t allow me to change the settings (so boxes are dimmed). I have to shut down Firefly and restart it, specifically running it with administration rights (although my useraccount has them standard).

That’s not right… The permissions on c:program filesfirefly media serverfirefly.conf should be everyone:full. They must not be. It should have been installed that way.

Ooooooh! Wait… Dutch localized. Maybe I’m stupidly using “Everyone” rather than by special SID.

That’s probably my fault. I’ll see if I can come up with a fix for that.

Does this help in any way? Can you test this on your machine? Could it be that the suspend mode locks something up completely? Could DEP (the Data Encryption Protocol) from Microsoft has anything to do with it?

I bet if you change permissions on the config file, it will work okay administrator permissions-wise.

Still won’t fix the wake-from-sleep thing. I can *try* to re-register on wake, if that seems to fix it. I’m pretty sure I can get those messages.