Reply To: Instant XML for web from library file

rpedde
Participant

@anders wrote:

Hey.

So far, I enjoy the Firefly Media Server at maximum volume;)
The greatest invention in a long time, really. Been seeking to find such software in some time.

Since I’m a music nerd, I’m only running on low compressed mp3’s (320 kbps) or FLAC to be satisfied. I’m very into exchange personal favorites among other people. I’m using last.fm-client with my iTunes, which again feeds from Firefly.

I’m also into graphics and web. So, a really cool feature would be a optional standalone app or maybe some kind of plug-in that could convert the library-file into a huge XML-file which again could be used as a web page database.

I.e. I’m running an apache web server on the very same box that I run Firefly on. How awsome wouldn’t it be if a app could instantly update/rewrite a web XML-file in a predecided destination, which one could set as an embed target in a HTML/CSS-file somewhere?
An XML including all band details that ID3 does. Like, i.e.

… you get the idea 🙂

With this option, I would be able to have “My music library” instantly updated on my webpage, so that people could take a look at what I’ve got:)

How about you use the xml-rpc interface to do realtime queries against the server just like a client?

As an example:

http://hp-server2.local.:9999/rsp/db/1/artist

Audioslave
Blind Guardian
Demons & Wizards
Bjork
See-Saw
Emily Bindiger
????
Boa
Chris Cornell
Propellerheads

Cool, eh?

There are a bunch of xml calls you can do, including get full xml details of entire library. You can do queries as well, so you could do a complete library browser.

Email me at [email protected], and I can send you the details you need to do something like that.

I *need* to get that stuff on the wiki.

— Ron