Reply To: GIANT Library Loading and Browsing Problems

rpedde
Participant

@ratbag21 wrote:

Ok I did the install on 1586. It seems to have gone smoothly, however the I get an “error on reading the config file”. I did a full edit on the new config file so all the location etc. parameters matched my previous config file.

Yeah, should have said it makes sense to let it overwrite your existing config file. You can let it do that by reinstalling with –reinstall and answering to let it overwrite the config.

Do I need to install any other pkgs/files beyond “mt-daapd_svn-1586-1_armeb.ipk”?

Yeah, a bunch. But it should drag in the dependancies when it installs automatically.

Do I need to do a cold/clean reboot of the slug/server after install?

Not strictly speaking, no. Just make sure that the mt-daapd processes are all gone before starting the new one.

Can 1586 do sqlite3 ok [vs. other options] or do recommend another choice?

Yes, it’s compiled in the nightlies.

Do I need to remove the old version/type db file?

Not unless you are particularly fastidious, no. Doesn’t hurt anything, just unnecessary.

Can the sqlite3 db [or any db selected] location be the same as the db parameter location?

That’s where it goes… in the directory used for db_parms. At some point, I expect to have other database backends that will require usernames and passwords and whatnot, but the sqlite/sqlite3 database only requires a path, so that’s all that’s in the db_parms — the path to put the database in.

Do the options [settings] in the config file need to have “=” between the option name and the setting, or can there just be spaces as in previous config format?

Has to be an =

Well, not strictly speaking. But if it doesn’t find an “=”, then it thinks it’s an old-style config, and you’ll run into problems.

I did an update of my “/etc/ipkg/firefly.conf” file [confirmed that the file contents read as directed] , however when I run the ipkg update command, the system says it is ignoring an unknown parameter, and then the package update comes from the “nslu2-linux.org”. The update to the file was to “src firefly http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/armeb”, is this the correct syntax in the firefly.conf file for that location?

Yeah, that looks right. Maybe double-check for typos? If not, you can just browse to that location and download the file and install it that way.

sorry about all the questions and I appreciate the responses…I think that covers all the odds and ends…

🙂

np.

— Ron