Reply To: GIANT Library Loading and Browsing Problems

ratbag21
Participant

Ron,

Ok I did the install on 1586. It seems to have gone smoothly, however the I get an “error on reading the config file”. I did a full edit on the new config file so all the location etc. parameters matched my previous config file.

Do I need to install any other pkgs/files beyond “mt-daapd_svn-1586-1_armeb.ipk”?

Do I need to do a cold/clean reboot of the slug/server after install?

Can 1586 do sqlite3 ok [vs. other options] or do recommend another choice?

Do I need to remove the old version/type db file?

Can the sqlite3 db [or any db selected] location be the same as the db parameter location?

Do the options [settings] in the config file need to have “=” between the option name and the setting, or can there just be spaces as in previous config format?

I did an update of my “/etc/ipkg/firefly.conf” file [confirmed that the file contents read as directed] , however when I run the ipkg update command, the system says it is ignoring an unknown parameter, and then the package update comes from the “nslu2-linux.org”. The update to the file was to “src firefly http://ipkg.fireflymediaserver.org/armeb”, is this the correct syntax in the firefly.conf file for that location?

sorry about all the questions and I appreciate the responses…I think that covers all the odds and ends…

rat