• Firefly Version: 1.0 svn 1359
• Server Operating System: Windows XP
• Server Hardware: Dell 8400 with 1Gbyte ram
• Client Device: (e.g. Roku Soundbridge M900
• iTunes 18.104.22.168 installed but not in use
• WinAmp 5.35
• SMC Barricade router 100 MBit router, wireless access point
• CA Network Magic recognizes the Soundbridge as authorized member of the network and Soundbrige sees the network
• Soundbridge “talks” with the router & plays internet radio.
• Initially, Firefly refused to start. I discovered that Bonjour Service wasn’t running & fixed that. Now Firefly starts up in configuration mode (in the taskbar) but not started. When I click on “Start Server” I get the pop-up about “firefly Media Server scanning may take some time”. In a few seconds, this disappears and . . . nothing. Sometimes the “Stop Server” button changes to “Start Server” & sometimes not.
Try downloading the 1589 version from http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org Don’t download one later than that, it’s still kinda flakey from all the changes lately. 1589 is stable, and likely fixes the issues you are seeing.