Reply To: svn-1659 crashes when SB tries to access

rpedde
Participant

@RobotChicken wrote:

(1) Zeroconf/Bonjour daemons:
Bulit-in mDNS does not work. I am using howl instead (as noted in an other thread on this forum). Note: It seems like this is an issue with the Apple Bonjour code that does not seem to have been tested on openBSD (for one it does not compile due to an issue in the code the compilation of which is only attempted apparently on openBSD. But even once that code is fixed, I get “mDNSResponder: mDNSPlatformSendUDP got error 64 (Host is down) sending packet to 224.0.0.251 on interface 10.0.0.2/vr0/2” error messages. Also
apparently avahi does not work on openBSD either (could not even compile it).

Yeah, I’ve seen that too. Seems like at one point it did compile, but it hasn’t been maintained with the rest of the code… all the ifdefs for openbsd are there but references struct members that have had name changes, etc.

Seems pretty deprecated.

(3) as far as the va_copy() – I have no idea what macro should be looked at to see whether a platform has it or not. In my case I just hardcoded a “#define HAVE_VA_COPY 1” macro so that the va_copy() from openBSD’s header files are used (which by looks to be defined as “#define va_copy(dest, src) ((dest) = (src)) on i386 platforms). However my original patch also seems to have worked.

I think on most (all?) va_list is a void*, so it should probably work on most (all?) systems. Just that it doesn’t *have* to be, and could well break on some systems.

I thought I had run into the sigpipe issue before and fixed it. :/

Guess not.

I appreciate the pointers. I have an openbsd box I just put up, I’m going to try and work these all into the source.

Thanks.

– Ron