Reply To: svn1659 rebuffering flac

rpedde
Participant

@timothyc wrote:

Ron, I went back to 1571 (Windows XP). The rebuffering seems to be gone, but the FLAC–>WAV transcode to a Soundbridge for newer FLAC files (1.2.0 and 1.2.1 – I tried both) is not working, suggesting as you said that the problem is with the ffmpeg software.

Poking around on the Web, I saw that Josh Coulson recently submitted a patch to update ffmpeg for some FLAC changes. In playing around with different “solutions” I learned (having tried) that we users can’t just overwrite your versions of the ffmpeg-related dlls with the newer ones and have a go. (All transcoding stops.)

I also experimented with overwriting your libFLAC with the newest one. In this case, Firefly still transcodes the older FLAC formats, but not the newer.

The libflac is really just for tag reading. The libflac that ships is the flac-1.1.4 (https://svn.fireflymediaserver.org/svn/firefly-build/trunk/win32/source/flac-1.1.4/), which is think is the latest. Or was the latest recently.

The ffmpeg I have is an old snapshot from like 3/06. I’ll have a go at it again before next stable.

First I have to get sqlite3 working again.

— Ron